The complete legal service
It is an unfortunate fact of life that not all marriages or relationships last a lifetime. When a relationship breaks down many aspects need careful consideration - finances (both present and future), housing and the wellbeing of any children involved, to name but a few.
Our Family Law Department can offer you a first class service to achieve a constructive and cost effective outcome. We give advice in plain English and adopt a proactive approach, dealing with matters today, rather than tomorrow.
We can give advice on:
- Process options - deciding how to deal with matters is the first major decision to be made
- Divorce, Judicial Separation, Dissolution of Civil Partnerships.
- Mediation - we offer a friendly and efficient mediation service
- Collaborative Law - ever more popular, we have an experienced collaborative trained lawyer on hand.
- Financial issues (including Lump Sum Orders, Clean Break Orders, Pension Sharing Orders and Property Adjustment Orders amongst others)
- Cohabitation / Property disputes where those involved are not married
- Children’s Matters (including resolution of a wide range of issues from the time the child spends with each parent to Parental Responsibility, change of child’s surname, etc.)
- Domestic Abuse issues (including emergency applications to the court where appropriate)
- Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Change of Name Deeds
- Affidavits of Status for marriage abroad
A member of our Family Law Department will aim to meet with you immediately. We offer a fixed fee consultation for an hour to discuss your concerns and provide initial advice and support.
Our Family Solicitors are members of Resolution, an organisation of family lawyers committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes.
To find out more about the Collaborative Law Process, please ask for our free 30 minute information meeting and visit our lawyer’s POD Group website at www.collaborativelawpod.co.uk.